Crone is currently hiring for the following roles.
Crone Geophysics & Exploration Ltd. of Mississauga, Ontario, is seeking a full time Principal Electrical Engineer-Power. Reporting to senior management you will be responsible for the development of portable high power Geophysical Survey Instrumentation. Custom high power devices can involve working with power up to 20 kW, voltages as high as 6000 volts, and currents as high as 60 amps.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop high power (20 kW) electrical equipment with appropriate safety standards and ruggedness for operation in a Geophysical Survey Environment.
- Work within project goals and scheduled milestones.
- Perform schematic entry, PCB Layout, design calculations, simulations, prototyping and bread-boarding.
- Lead and mentor shared resources assigned to the high power projects from first concept to manufacturing. Perform tests (Some Field) and evaluations for design validation and qualification.
- Supervise the Transmitter Repair Bench Technologist and provide service manuals, test instructions, and safety protocol for servicing and testing the high power equipment.
- Provide technical direction and support to the Production Manager and/or assembly leads on the introduction of high power prototypes to the production stage.
- Provide support to Repair & Field Survey Managers on high power equipment issues and Equipment training.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent in education.
- PEO license, or eligibility for licensing as an engineer in the Province of Ontario is required
- 15+ years of high power analog and mixed signal design experience.
- Experience with various AC/DC, DC/DC Power Conversion topologies, PFC, and Linear Power Regulation
- Experience with analog and digital PID controllers and Closed loop systems.
- Analog design experience including Op-Amps, D/A, A/D, interfacing with micro-controllers, sensing and calibration techniques.
- Experience with schematic entry, PCB Layout, and simulation tools ( PADS, PSPICE, Mathcad or similar).
- Experienced at programming in C (assembly is an asset).
- Experience with ARM, and DSP techniques.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Crone Geophysics & Exploration Ltd. of Mississauga, Ontario, is seeking a full time Geophysical Equipment Repair Manager. Reporting to General Manager and/or Chief Engineer. You will be responsible for managing the Repair department in its main duty of servicing and maintaining complex geophysical instruments for the company field survey department and customer equipment as well as finishing the calibration and testing of new field equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage repair staff including hiring, training, quality control, salary administration, bonus review, productivity, and proper adherence to company rules and policy.
- Learn and be able to repair and service both low and high power geophysical equipment.
- Provide repair support to bench technologists as required and fill in as needs arise.
- Develop, and maintain and enhance bench repair procedures and service manuals for the various instruments.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years electrical experience including troubleshooting mixed signal circuits to the component level.
- Managerial or supervisory experience of up to 6 persons.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced reading electrical schematics.
- High power experience is an asset.
- Experience with Excel and Word.
Crone is actively seeking Geophysical Operators and Field Crew for upcoming Pulse-EM and E-SCAN Surveys throughout Canada and internationally.
Crone Geophysics is the developer, manufacturer, and contract surveyor of the 3D Pulse-EM and 3D E-SCAN technologies, the leading ground geophysical tools for mapping and targeting base and precious Metals for the mining exploration industry. Crone’s geophysical operators and field crew are highly trained and conduct contract surveys with the technologies utilizing high-quality support equipment, and unparalleled technical support from our engineers.
Successful candidates can expect to travel worldwide and be exposed to a variety of new survey technologies and state of the art support equipment. There are also opportunities to advance within the field department from helper, to data acquisition operations, to crew chief. As data quality is very important, we want someone that is diligent and dedicated to taking quality measurements and adhering to strict quality control standards and safety practices.
Work locations will vary and are typically in remote areas and require travel. As such, field personnel typically operate on a rotation of 4 weeks of field work followed by 2 of weeks break. Project related travel arrangements, accommodations, meals, support equipment etc. are provided by Crone or by our clients.
Additionally and most importantly, Crone adopts a safety first mentality. As such, employees are expected to be like-minded individuals when it comes to the overall importance and priority of safety.
Experience and Qualifications
- Safety conscious
- Background in geophysics, geology and/or surveying is preferred
- Willingness to advance, learn/train on support equipment, including ATV
- Computer skills – competent with Microsoft Office and an ability to learn specific software packages
- Field/outdoor work experience is an asset – including orientation skills (GPS / compassing, etc.)
- Mechanically and technically inclined
- Responsible and resourceful, ability to work unsupervised
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving
- Adept in general repair (ATV’s, Snowmobiles, Generator, etc.)
- Leadership qualities – able to work independently and make informed field decisions
- Physically fit – able to complete work-related tasks under harsh conditions and carry up to 50lbs
- Able to work with others for extended durations in remote locations
- Must possess a valid passport, driver’s license, First Aid and WHMIS certificates
- Great communication skills, follow instructions and open to suggestions.
Some work locations may also require specific site/client training or additional clearance such as mine health surveillance medicals, police record checks and drug and alcohol screening.
If you are looking for an exciting career as part of the Crone Geophysics & Exploration team, please apply through Crone’s LinkedIn page, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.